Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Keys

If it has key in the name, I’m bad at it. Or lock. I turn it the wrong way. I turn it back, and it still won’t work. That righty-tighty and lefty-loosey thing doesn't work, either. The key gets stuck, or it won’t go in. Combination locks are no better. And just now, as I turned on my computer, I realized that my thumb drive is a bit too much like a key. I press it against my USB port, and it doesn’t glide in. So I turn it over (the markings that used to tell me which side is up have washed off – and some USB drives are backwards, anyway). But this time it doesn’t go in, either. I push harder, and still no success convinces me to turn it back to the first way and push hard, which tends to work. Story of my life is not pushing hard enough. Then I just get up the nerve to push something harder, like a cd that ought to be eaten by the player in a friend’s car, and actually the cd was inserted into the space between the cd player and the dashboard. Oops!

To God be all glory.

No comments: