- Is America presently the country prescribed in the Constitution?
- Is this good or bad?
- If it is bad, is there any hope? If good, is there any danger?
- If something can be done, what?
- How long do we have before it is too late? (When must something be done?)
- Is what might be done legal? Is it right?
- What opposition might be faced?
- Does God intend to do anything?
- Has God rescued nations in the past?
- Has God chosen not to rescue nations in the past?
- Are His decisions seemingly arbitrary, or do they go by rule?
Douglas MacKinnon asks an interesting question in his Townhall article, Can You Save the Dream that Was America?
"Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security." - from The Declaration of Independence
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - Second Amendment of the United States Contstitution, ratified December 15, 1791 (emphasis and link mine)
To God be all glory.