Thursday, June 09, 2022

Ratios

My friends taught me to play a board game which starts with each player dividing 100 into three categories: fame, happiness, and wealth. 


What if I divided 24 hour vacation days into my own preferred formula? I think I want to sit with my toes skimming the surface of a lake or stream, reading a novel. But if I could choose, I wouldn't do that all day, and may even do it only one or two hours a day. Because I would also like to hike in a forest. I would want to converse beside a fire drinking something warm. And cook and eat delicious food. Window shop. Play games. Talk some more. Maybe look around at a museum or a few old and beautiful buildings. Maybe take a scenic drive. Watch some rain or clouds or a sunset. Pray. Journal. Maybe write. 


And, acknowledging that work is a blessing and calling of life, how would I incorporate such refreshing things into non-vacation life? With what proportions? Adding in investing in community and ministry and weekly chores and job chores? 


And if TV and crafts and scrolling Facebook are not on my recreation list, shouldn't I limit how much time and space I give them in any of my life?


To God be all glory.

No comments: