Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Flowers Unseen



Why are there flowers on the tops of mountains?

No one sees them.  They grow and live and bloom and seed and die.

I can imagine why God would want to bless us with beauty by putting pretty things in our paths.  Did His beauty-bucket just spill?

How do we know there are flowers on some peaks?  Every once in a while an adventurer makes it to the top, and stands in a field of wild blooms.  He tells people.  He takes pictures.  And he never goes there again.  Seasons, generations of flowers, pass before anyone else catches their breath at the sight of them again.

Without those unseen seasons, that one moment would be impossible.

To God be all glory,
Lisa of Longbourn

2 comments:

Glory Girl said...

So, this made me cry. Not really sure why but nevertheless, it did. It could be Tuesday's are a teary day for me, but I think it's something more. :)
It reminded me of His Sovereign hand. Thank you friend.

Lisa of Longbourn said...

It made me cry, too.

To God be all glory,
Lisa