Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Act Your Age

Last Friday I told some friends approximately my age that I can't wait to be fifty. The girls thought this was odd, and asked for an explanation. There is one, but it is a little sentimental.

But what I am really writing to tell you is the decision one of my friends has made: to be twenty-one until she looks older than sixteen. It's a good plan, but actually I prefer age twenty-three. When I started my job at age fifteen, my mom told me to act twenty-three. I thought I could do it, and the incredibly sad thing is that I probably did. Now at my job I talk a little more, and I know more things, and take more responsibility. All that comes from six years of experience, though.

Someday life will change. Maybe when I'm fifty. If it happens before that, I'll let you know.

To God be all glory.

No comments: