Friday, February 23, 2007

Amazing Grace

My parents saw the movie tonight and said it was good. Carolyn at Solo Femininity got a pre-release viewing and said the movie was great. Read what she said here.

Yes, the movie was lovely (edited Monday, March 5). The story of "Wilbur's" long struggle was an interesting mix of spirituality, political strategy, friendship, history, and humor. Stay for the end. They play Amazing Grace.

My parents said they didn't follow the parliamentary scenes because so many of the members looked alike in their wigs. Since I knew most of the actors who played the representatives in parliament, I enjoyed following the story there. In addition, I don't know if you've ever watched British Parliament on TV. It is hilarious how they argue so politely and rudely at the same time, while stomping and booing if they really want someone to sit down. The room is so small and tall that the environment is truly unique. In the movie the scenes looked a lot like contemporary parliament whether because that is its model or because parliament has been the same for a very long time.

The only thing I had trouble with was the lack of introduction of the hosts through half of the movie. They are friends of the main character, but we don't know anything else about them.

In case you're wondering, I expect our family will own this movie.

To God be all glory.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We should get a group together and go see it sometime (after this weekend)I know a lot of people are interested. Maybe we can even risk going to Cold Stone again afterwards! =P

Lisa of Longbourn said...

I agree, but we can't wait too long, or it won't be at the theater (esp. not at the one that gives Coldstone discounts)! I'd love to go with a group.

Everyone else in other places should try to get a group together, too.
To God be all glory,
Lisa of Longbourn