Sunday, August 27, 2006

Take the Wheel

I hardly ever listen to music on the radio. It's not that I don't like music, but that I'm too lazy to switch my station or even put in a cd. So the place I am most commonly exposed to songs is at the Thrift Store. They play country.

One song I hear a lot is "Jesus Take the Wheel," sung by Carrie Underwood. The girl in the song realizes that she is incapable controlling her life, so she offers it to Jesus. I won't argue that it is good to let God have the rights to your life, to agree to obey Him whether it aligns with your will or not.

Yesterday I was at a conference where one of the speakers challenged the crowd, "Why did God call you? What mission does he have for your life?" Coupling that with what God was teaching me about the ministry opportunity at my church, I began to ask the question, "Jesus take the wheel? What about Jesus take my hands? Jesus take my life?" Am I willing to let God not only have my dreams and the things in which I'm involved, but also to let Him have me?

Why did God call you?
To God be all glory.

No comments: