Thursday, August 09, 2007

Fight for Me

I mentioned spiritual warfare, and I have to mention that one young lady had brought a song to camp to audition. The song was Fight for Me, by Danny Oertli, and the lyrics talk about sensing the spirits in the air and crying out to God, who is greater than he who is in the world, to fight for me. And I, feeble little child of God who would rather worry, will remain still. The girl was rehearsing all alone in the community room of our lodge. From down the hall I could hear her enchanting voice pour out the folk-like melody. As soon as I entered her sight, she stopped.

Which was the story of her day. She had stage fright, had misplayed a chord on her guitar when she auditioned but was still allowed to sing. Usually she only sang in her bedroom with no audience. We talked for a while, and I tried to encourage her.

That night she still looked really nervous, so I got to pray with her before she sang (and for her as she sang). She did great. And God fought for us, I know, because we could sense the opposition. The adversary wanted to defeat her, to keep her afraid. But God fought for her.

To God be all glory.

No comments: