Saturday, December 02, 2006

Changing Church Part VIII


Early Friday afternoon, Anne received a call from Will. The past several nights she had made the visits with him. Today she decided to stay home catching up on the laundry. Will told her that a delegation from the state convention would be coming after dinner to investigate an accusation against him. She agreed to prepare a nice chocolate cake and to have water hot for tea or instant coffee.

The delegation arrived before Will made it home. Anne welcomed them. Four of the five men went into the library to take inventory of her husband’s reading habits. The fifth hovered with her by the door, talking about the last time they had met.

“You remember us?” Anne asked.

“I remember your library.”

“There have been a lot of additions in eight months. Sometimes I think our book budget is as big as our gas allowance. But then we do walk to church quite often. It’s so close.”

“For my part I don’t expect this investigation to be a problem. I remember you two. No one I’ve ever met has been able to answer with such humble confidence.”

“Keep an open mind. It’s your job. I’m a little nervous, but if what we’re doing is wrong, we want to stop.”

“See, that’s what I mean.”

To God be all glory.

See index for first and additional chapters.

5 comments:

The Warrior said...

Hmm...an accusation, eh? Still, one must always do what is right, even if it means life in prison-- or even death.

Lisa of Longbourn said...

Have you any idea what time it is?
To God be all glory,
Lisa

The Warrior said...

What? I'm confused...what do you mean?

Lisa of Longbourn said...

Dr. Paleo,
According to my computer, you posted at 12:35 AM on December 3rd. That's all.
To God be all glory,
Lisa of Longbourn

The Warrior said...

Oh! Okay, of course it's late...so what, eh? I thought you meant something about what I said was way old fashioned...:-P

Yup, Ye Olde Crusader here!