Friday, March 23, 2007

Thunderstorms

We had our first thunderstorm here in Colorado today. Complete with rain, the clouds built over the city and eastern plains, shaded dark by contrast with the setting sun. In March, we hardly ever get thunderstorms. Our early spring is delivering just the perks I described in my post, Ready for Summer?

I actually discovered the thunder by listening to my radio, which fuzzes every time the lightning flashes. Looking up out my window I saw dark clouds in the east. Our storm hadn't materialized yet, but the scent of rain was... ahh, refreshingly... in the air.

The problem is that, with our climate, we are almost doomed to have a blizzard freezing buds off the fresh green trees. My guess (following the precepts of Murphy's Law) is that this inevitable event will occur during the national high school Awana competition in downtown Denver the beginning of April. This way all the visitors from California, Texas, and Florida will get education with heavy spring snow and winter driving.

I'll be there, blizzard or no.

To God be all glory.

No comments: