Sunday, November 26, 2006

Fueling Obsessions

A confession: I'm in love with Chicago. When I'm there, I feel at home. It was said once that "America is my country and Paris is my hometown." That is how I feel about Chicago. The trees are perfect, the buildings beautiful, and spring enchanting. People there are full of character.

On TV this holiday weekend there was a commercial for Southwest. For Christmas a man gave his wife a box containing a Chicago-style hotdog to let her know he was giving her a trip there. "I love you," she says as she throws her arms around his neck. She's my kind of person. However, just for the record, I hate hot-dogs, even from Chicago.

As a cheaper way than paying for plane tickets (which I have done), I more frequently satisfy my Chicago cravings with movies and pictures and memories. That said, I'm up for more movies set in Chicago. My favorite for the sights so far is Lake House. Does anyone have any suggestions?

To God be all glory.

2 comments:

The Warrior said...

I saw that commercial too. ;-)

I wouldn't know of any movies. The only one I could think of is of the same name, and that I could never recommend....

Anonymous said...

Well Lisa, have you seen 'The Fugitive'? That's my favorite Chicago movie.