Friday, September 15, 2006

Everyday News

Late this spring, Vision Forum introduced a fun new media section of their website and ministry. All over the country families are invited to film and submit reports on everyday life at their homes. Topics have included chivalry, bugs, treehouses, family games, and so many more. I have the link on my sidebar because the kids are so cute! Just listen to them.

One of my favorites is the 1,000,000,000 children report. I don't think God requires every family to have ten kids, or that His object is to get 1 billion Christian children in ten generations. It is just interesting to note the impact of having a few more kids. Right now it seems like the sacrifice involved in providing for a large family may not be worth it; in the long-term vision, though, what could be more worthwhile? In addition, is the world about people or money? Does God provide based on our wisdom or His promises?

I thank God for the vision of Doug Phillips and his ministry partners at Vision Forum. My prayer is that the vision would catch on all over the world.

To God be all glory.

No comments: