Thursday, September 07, 2006

Tears

Today I read Tilly, by Frank Peretti. It is a small novel based on a story he originally wrote for the radio. The story was so enchanting that it took several hours to shake the feeling that all before my eyes was a dream.

There is one part in the story where a little girl is assuring an older woman that Jesus wipes tears away, that He comforts and heals. She speaks from experience. That little part of the scene struck me.

I've long found the passages about Jesus' care for me beloved. He knows all my tears, and will one day wipe them all away. Today I saw Jesus' care for all of His children and just swelled with awe at His complete love.

Have you ever watched someone whom you know well do something heroic? Or generous? And your heart just shouted with pride? That is how I felt. It is intimately special to know Jesus loves me. It is jubilance that will not be kept silent that knows Jesus loves everyone. For so many hurting, guilty, weary people, Jesus is preparing healing and comfort and a place and a fellowship. My Jesus does that.

So I was startled, after rejoicing in my God's great goodness, sending rain on the just and the unjust, to read this post on YLCF. Isn'g God so often seen in the little things?

To God be all glory.

No comments: