Monday, September 11, 2006

Moms and Delight

"I think we delight to praise what we enjoy
because the praise not merely expresses
but completes the enjoyment;
[praise] is [enjoyment’s] appointed consummation.
. . . The delight is incomplete till it is expressed."


C.S. Lewis wrote that in Reflections on the Psalms. I agree. This blog, especially when I link to a separate web page, is about sharing the internet and my delight in other things. I'm happy you're reading. I'd be happier if I knew who you were. You can comment and let me know. Just a first name is fine, and a little about yourself if I don't know you and if you're not a Blogger member (which means I could link to your biography).

My mom is excited about my blog. Hi, Mom! For a long time I've been sending emails to a group of friends, so the writing isn't such a new thing to me. But she wasn't on the list, and now she is. Since she knows about it, she has told all her friends and relatives about it. I think, after her account to me this afternoon, she has told more people about my blog than I have!

A friend from church exposed my mom's practice of telling everyone she knows about my blog. She said I think deep thoughts. Well, I do think a lot. People say I think too much. I got the C.S. Lewis quote above from Ravi Zacharias' website, and he has a program that is called Let My People Think. I love that. Just don't always count on deep posts. I like to tell you what my life is like, too. I like to make you laugh.

To God be all glory.

No comments: