Saturday, October 07, 2006

Ebay

One of my links is to "lady of longbourn ebay." This summer I introduced myself to ebay after reading books on the subject and hearing about my cousin, who ran a business during college buying and selling on ebay for others. However, so far I'm a little disillusioned. The secret is out, and buyers no longer outnumber sellers on ebay. If you want a good lesson in supply and demand economics, visit ebay and do a search for completed items. See how many never sold?

That said, it's a buyer's market. This morning I got a book over a hundred years old, which I've been wanting to add to my collection. I was the only bidder, and got a copy of JM Barrie's Little Minister for only $2 plus shipping. You can head on over for good deals, too. In the future I may post the little things I learned. Ebay's search engine is the greatest ever made, in my opinion, followed closely by Blogger's, then Google. My library's online catalog doesn't even compare.

If you do go visit ebay, use my link. That way you'll see what I'm up to over there. I'm selling a few things, trying to clean out the overstocked inventory that is blocking the path to my door. We'll see how that goes.

In case you all didn't notice, I can list keys for writing much more easily than I can practice them. So don't feel like I'm holding everyone to that standard. At least you have an explanation for my occasional unfamiliar sentence structures.

I don't have three replies to the Destination post yet, and after three you get my answers, so head over there and post if you can. If you can't because of protection services on your computer, and you know me, you can email me and I'll post for you, though - if your parents don't mind.

To God be all glory.

1 comment:

The Warrior said...

I love eBay! I recently won a dinosaur book for $30 that was really worth like $70!!!!

And when business is down, it's a good time to buy! I once lost an auction of Civil War relics for around $20, and, about a year later, got an even bigger one for $10!