Thursday, October 26, 2006

Prepare to Vote

In view of the fact that elections are upcoming, I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon and remind all my readers who are of age to vote. And think about voting. Think critically. Read the following posts for help in good decision making. They won't tell you exactly which issues should receive your positive vote, nor which candidates. These posts will make you think - or laugh.

Matt Chancey, conservative, not-quite libertarian lawyer.

Gretchen Acheson, curly-gurl, blogger, newlywed, former employee of some government official.

Me, blogger, thinker, so on...

To God be all glory.

3 comments:

The Warrior said...

Ha...I'm voting Constitution!!!!!

I hope I don't offend you (I hate doing that, especially when ladies are involved) but I don't believe in women voting. I'm sorry...but hey, Matt Chancey should run, shouldn't he!!!!!!!! ;-P

Lisa of Longbourn said...

In this case, whether women ought to have the right to vote or not, they do. For me to refuse to vote would be adding points to the feminists who will vote opposite of the views of my father. So I really appreciate Gretchen's stand on voting with her husband. Just consider it the head of the household getting an extra vote for all those entrusted to his care who are of age.

If you still don't think women should vote, that's up to you. I'm not offended. I know the argument. I'm such an extreme anti-feminist that I wish the suffragists had lost. The evils of our society and government brought about by their victory were predicted at the time. We should have known better.

My brother's best friend came up with the phrase, "vote for your favorite dictator." I think when women won the vote, they earned the right to vote their own oppressors.

To God be all glory.

The Warrior said...

Thanks...I just hate offending people, especially women, in that way. We don't need to highlight our differences....

See you later!