Friday, October 27, 2006

Life in a Shoe

While I'm reminiscing, I'll talk about the number of children I've wanted to have. When I was in junior high, the oldest of six children, and jealous of attention, I thought single-child families were perfect. Then I matured, and thought maybe up to four kids would be tolerable, handle-able. My fear was that I wouldn't be able to give enough love and attention and time to each child if there were more - and leave time for me. Now? I finally see my parents' philosophy, to let God be in control. However many or few He allows, for them He will provide. So now my name list is up to about 15 names, and I tell people that's the upper limit... until I decide on another name I like.

Kim, of Life in a Shoe blog, discusses her own difficulties with having a large family.

Q: What is your biggest challenge?
A: Keeping up with the hearts of each of our children...

This is something that is so vital whether we have 1 child or 20, and an area where I think my husband excels, but I need a lot of work. As a mother, I find myself preoccupied keeping up with runny noses, meals and laundry.

So being a selfless mom is hard however many children you have, just like controlling spending is a discipline whether you make a modest income or have happily married a millionaire.

To God be all glory.

No comments: