Thursday, October 26, 2006

Fall Break

In our part of the world, all the schools are on Fall Break. Except for us, that is. Being homeschooled, one can pick where one schedules vacations, and we prefer Thanksgiving to Halloween. Go figure. So my younger siblings are in school. None of their friends are.

All week long I've come home to a house full of kids. I look around and try to sort the visitors from the family. Who is staying the night? Who has to go home? When do you go home? Do you live here now? Oh, right. You always live here. The current tally of visitors for the week is 9, and one of them is coming twice.

The thought of these sleepovers and friendly impromptu parties is ironic. All of them seem to be booked at my house.

We do have good excuses. For one, the skies dumped over seven inches of snow on our yard (and the adjoining park) last night. Thus we are a popular destination for the adventurous sledders, snow-boarders, snow-ball-fighters, snow fort builders, and as my future-Marine brother maturely said, "snow shelters."

I tried to upload a picture (as a filler, because this post seems pointless). Blogger is really slow right now, plus my camera's batteries died, and all that. Oh well. Maybe later.

To God be all glory.

2 comments:

The Warrior said...

Hmm...down with Halloween, I say! ;-D

But snow...ah, I've never seen snow! And is your

Lisa of Longbourn said...

The count is up to ten guests. One came over for - get this - help with homework.
To God be all glory.