Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Redeeming the Time

"To redeem" means to buy back. In this case, it means to make good use of.

"LORD, make me to know my end,
and what is the measure of my days, that I may know how frail I am.
Indeed, You have made my days as handbreadths,
and my age is nothing before You;
certainly every man at his best state is but vapor. Selah...
And now, Lord, what do I wait for?
My hope is in You."
~ Psalm 39:4-5, 7

"So teach us to number our days,
that we may gain a heart of wisdom."
~ Psalm 90:12

"See then that you walk circumspectly,
not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time,
because the days are evil."
~ Ephesians 5:15-16

"Walk in wisdom
toward those who are outside,
redeeming the time."
~ Colossians 4:5

"I must work the works of Him who sent Me
while it is day;
the night is coming when no one can work."
~ John 9:4

"Therefore let us not sleep,
as others do,
but let us watch and be sober."
~ 1 Thessalonians 5:6

To God be all glory.

1 comment:

The Warrior said...

Good verse in red! Thanks!