Thursday, October 18, 2007

Another Huckabee for President Link and Something on Schaeffer

Some of the Harris boys (sons of Gregg Harris, homeschool pioneer; and brothers of Josh Harris of I Kissed Dating Goodbye fame; and bloggers at the Rebelution) have a blog recording Huckabee news, comments or articles they found on Mike Huckabee. The content was interesting, sometimes funny. One post had comments from democrats on another site who said, "Huckabee scares me. He's smart and sane," or "I'm really scared of Huckabee. He's likable..." Does that make sense to you? I'm not returning the compliment to anyone on their side. The best I'll say is the candidates for democrat nominee are political calculators or they have great oratory (some of them).

The Harris Twins also have an interesting, mostly unrelated link/discussion about the Boundless series on Francis Schaeffer, whose books I am giving a first try since this summer (slow progress, heavy reading). The series is named for one of his books: A Christian Manifesto. Lest we fundamentalists be accused of focusing too much on theology and doctrine and too little on social justice and world involvement, let me point to Francis Schaeffer, who did something about the world around him.

To God be all glory.

No comments: